Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Franklin Covey is My Hero

I don't know what I would do without my Franklin Covey Planner. If you've seen me anywhere in public, at a networking event, coffee shop, working with a client, or out running errands (no pun intended), you've probably seen my purple planner, if not commented on how massive it is. True story, at a BNI meeting this morning, a woman rubbed it, saying "Ha, this looks pregnant, rub it's belly for good luck!"... sad part is, she's exactly right.




I'm a very hands on, tangible, see everything in front of me kind of person. I write down everything from doing a load of laundry, to getting gas, to when my bills are due. My planner holds extra business cards of mine, rewards cards for places like Office Max, and Best Buy, my monthly calendar- then broken down into days, address book, client booking info, emails I'm currently following up on, paperwork I'm reviewing, and anything else that I feel I need to carry around with me at the time.



How do you keep track of appointments and your "To Do" List? Do you have a planner, do you use your iPhone, or blackberry to record your schedule, do you just have scraps of paper around your life, or do you just commit to memory and hope not to forget? Well my faithful reader, I'd like to challenge you... for one week, write down all major tasks (work, dinner with the In-Laws, mortgage due, etc), as well as the smaller errands (bank, gym, change insurance, etc)- and see if there's a change in your life. Perhaps you will find that you are more motivated to check off things that you've done... or maybe you will realize how much you need Errands Etcetera in your life to get to all those things you didn't get to- though, I can promise, I will NOT be going to dinner w the In-Laws for you, or going to the gym in your place!



I'd love to hear what you do to keep track of your life- send me an email or leave a comment here!

No comments:

Post a Comment